Games venues, which sell alcohol or collect cash, require volunteers to be DSCA members, age 21 or older.
- Ticket booth: Sell and collect admission tickets at fairgrounds main-entrance gate. Two-hour shifts, between 8:45 a.m. and 4 p.m. Must be a DSCA member and age 21 or older. Minimum of four volunteers per shift.
- Operations support: Strong muscles are sought for hauling and setting-up stage equipment, portable fencing, tables and chairs and other heavy items; and delivering large bags of ice to the food vendor booths. All day September 29 and 30, if possible. All the help we can get.
- Outdoor beer booths: Sell drink tickets and pour beer and wine. Must be age 21 or older. Two-hour shifts, between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Minimum of three volunteers per shift at each beer booth. There are two outdoor beer booths on the fairgrounds (near the outdoor main music stage and the food booths area).
- Indoor games pub: Sell drink tickets and pour beer, wine and mixed cocktails. Must be age 21 or older. Two-hour shifts, between 12 noon and 4 p.m. Minimum of three volunteers per shift.
- VIP and handicapped parking lot entrance guard: Allow VIPs, who display a special entry pass, and handicapped drivers to park in fairgrounds gated vehicle lot. Two-hour shifts, between 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. Minimum of one volunteer per shift. A gate guard is needed at all times to prevent the general public from entering our Dixon Scottish Games without an admission pass.
- Information booth: Answer visitors' questions, hand-out our Dixon Scottish Games printed programs and encourage the public to join our Dixon Scottish Cultural Association (DSCA membership applications will be at the information booth). Two-hour shifts, between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Minimum of one volunteer per shift.
- T-shirt sales booth: Sell our Dixon Scottish Highland Games souvenir T-shirts. Two-hour shifts, between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Must be a DSCA member and age 21 or older to handle cash. Minimum of one volunteer per shift.
- Scotch whisky tasting lecture: Collect entry tickets at the door and pour small tasting samples of the various whiskies. Must be age 21 or older. Minimum of four volunteers for this 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. program.
- Vendors and Clan Tents vehicle entrance guard: This South First Street gate will be open all day for vendors and exhibitors to drive their vehicles onto the fairgrounds. A gate guard is needed at all times to prevent others from entering our Scottish games, who did not buy an admission ticket.
- Children's Glen: Help with the young children's outdoor fun games in a fenced-off, secured area. Two-hour shifts, between 9 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Minimum of two volunteers per shift.
- After-games Ceilidh: Set-up tables and chairs in the fairgrounds' Denverton Hall for the 6 p.m. Scottish music party, help serve the barbecue meal (cafeteria style), sell drink tickets and bartend (must be a DSCA members and age 21 or older to pour drinks and sell drink tickets). Banquet hall set-up starts at 4:30 p.m. and the Ceilidh festivities usually end by 9:30 p.m. All the help we can get.
You may mix your two-hour shift schedule and volunteer at other Dixon Scottish Highland Games venues throughout the day.
To volunteer, please e-mail email@example.com
Be a volunteer!
at our Dixon Scottish Highland Games
Saturday, September 29, 2018 at the Dixon Fairgrounds